Aligned Laboratory Designation for Telecommunication Devices Certification through SDPPI
For years, the Minister of Communication and Informatics of Indonesia (KOMINFO) has practiced unilateral laboratory designation towards overseas testing labs for telecommunication devices certification. This approach aimed to expedite certification processes and reduce lengthy queues.
However, the limited recognition of specific test labs has sparked concerns as non-designated labs face exclusion from certification processes, impacting their businesses.
Challenges and Regulation Draft
The absence of an application process for lab designation left many labs at a standstill, unable to attain recognition from KOMINFO/SDPPI. However, a positive shift emerged in early November when SDPPI introduced a regulation draft addressing both domestic and overseas laboratory designation for telecommunication devices certification. This draft, subject to public consultation, aimed to regulate testing for both local and overseas labs.
Key Points from the Draft Regulation
KOMINFO’s publication NO. 445/HM/KOMINFO/11/2023 highlights significant aspects of the regulation draft:
- Establishment and criteria for Domestic Test Centers
- Application and evaluation processes for Domestic Test Centers
- Determination and obligations of Overseas Test Centers
- Routine supervision and control of both Overseas and Domestic Testing Centers
- Repeal of previous regulations governing Domestic and Foreign Test Centers recognition.
Global Validity is your partner for global certification success
Need a fast, accurate and competitive quote? Please provide the following information so our team can get to work for you: